Crysis General Discussion

Discussion in 'Crysis Series' started by major_badass, May 21, 2008.

1. major_badass

major_badass M.I.A. Status

New thread so everyone can weigh in on the new Crysis server. The most current mods/settings:

Day/Night for all maps in dx9 implemented
    - vtols disabled
    -AA vehicle increased from 200 to 400 prestige
    - Helicopters limited to 2 per team and 600 prestige cost
    - Fire ammo increased from 50 to 75 prestige
    - Tac Launchers limited to 2 per team
    - Tac Tanks limited to 1 per team
    - Gauss Tanks limited to 2 per team
    - Heavy Singularity Tanks limited to 1 per team
    - Anti-Air 400 prestige cost
    - Energy Sites energy rates are MUCH slower than standard, making having all three sites very important and to promote strategy. This also balances the nukes and prevents people from acquiring them too early into the round without having to enforce it.
    - Rounds are limited to 90 minutes
    - Start with 200 prestige, corporal 250, all other ranks standard

One server is up (check my sig), it is not cracked at this time, although we are looking into doing so. Any comments/feedback/flaming in here :D
  2. Italianman33

Italianman33 Nub Status

I think its a great idea... I just have to download it first and try it out.

~Meaty
  3. Vanubial

Vanubial M.I.A. Status CallMeMaybe?

Leave fire ammo and up game time to 180 minutes. Other than that looks good we also are definately gonna want to inforce things like base raping since it can turn any game of crysis into unplayable for one team within 15 minutes if we dont. Also we might as well have all ranks for prestige scale upwards as well something like 250 375 500 625 750 and so on. Also possibly reducing cost of gauss ammunition and sniper scope price.
  4. Italianman33

Italianman33 Nub Status

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vanubial @ May 22 2008, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Good points Van!
  5. Freddy

Freddy M.I.A. Status CallMeMaybe?

Never played crysis multiplayer yet, but why are vtols disabled?
  6. Truckmuddr

Truckmuddr M.I.A. Status

Crysis VTOL is alike the stock COD4 Heli, kills alot and is very hard to kill. so get 3-4 of those in the air and your pretty much screwed....
  7. Freddy

Freddy M.I.A. Status CallMeMaybe?

Ok, no more explanation needed. Disable! :D
  8. Italianman33

Italianman33 Nub Status

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Freddy @ May 22 2008, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I agree, disable it!
  9. major_badass

Honestly it's even worse, it can outrun the rockets that the LAW launches at it, basically invinsible except maybe against a well placed shot from a gauss tank. which it can kill in one shot. lol. so yeah, lame. tonight we had 25 people at our peak, good fun :D
  10. Knight_Kin

Knight_Kin M.I.A. Status

Yep, it seems it went on for hours after i went to sleep too. Dropped off at around 6.
  11. major_badass

It seems our work in stopping cheaters is being recognized by the Crysis community (yay) http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=28213. I can't really go into the methods or they won't keep letting us use the SSM that stops the cheaters, and it rocks. They are doing the real grunt work, we are just testing and implementing the features. Anyone who was playing last night might have noticed that at one point everyone's energy was drained for a while and there was a red circle as if you were being shot. This is what they call a "mass kill" hack, where some jerkoff joins and kills everyone, and it won't work on our server :D The new version of SSM makes it so there won't even be energy drain, and will stop that freeze hack that we were experiencing. Special thanks also to Knight for helping to configure the SSM so we don't have to deal with the cheaters. That is what is driving traffic to the server, too many cheaters on on other servers that ruin games...
  12. Knight_Kin

Knight_Kin M.I.A. Status

Ok guys got updates on the server for you.

- Increased maptime from 90 to 180 for Shore/Mesa/Beach (Plantation/Refinery will remain 90 minutes)
    - Tweaked power income time to compensate for changes in round length
    - Increased the strictness of the Auto-Balance to ensure team balance
    - Fixed the problem of having only 100 prestige upon the initial round start (200 prestige now)
    - Added some configuration optimizations to ensure server stability
    - Auto Turrets will now shoot at Tac Projectiles making taking down the defenses much more important.
    - Allied player name distances increased for easier readability of who's a teammate or not.

These changes subject to further tweaks, as some of them are new implementations and will likely require more testing to perfect them.
  13. major_badass

PM me if you are interested in Rconnect Remote Admin access...unfortunately this game has a lot of cheaters, we need a stronge force of admins to make sure it is monitered...
  14. Knight_Kin

Knight_Kin M.I.A. Status

More updates:

- Changed re spawn time from 20 to 18 to make re spawning a bit faster without sacrificing game play balance
    - Added a massive banlist(400+ bans) to the server rconnect that i acquired from other Crysis admins in an effort to crack down on hackers/cheaters. This saves us a lot of legwork and helps us prevent hacking from occuring in the first place.

More work to do, need to update SSM to the latest release and expecting having to make some more tweaks after further testing.
  15. Vanubial

15 is fair 18 is not even a change and 15 you will not run into any problems unless your team sucks. also i think we should adjust more prices torwards thingsl ike ammunition for different vehicles as well as sniper scope cost and gauss ammunition. Some of the stock prices for those are so expensive you can buy a new vehicle for half the price of purchasing a full load of ammo again.
  16. Knight_Kin

Knight_Kin M.I.A. Status

lol not slashing the cost of gauss ammunition, 50 prestige for 10 rounds is cheap considering you can get 10 kills out of it (1000 prestige) hell i could raise it to 75 and it would be still quite a margin of gain. The sniper scope i wouldn't care too much, i could slash it to 75, benefiting getting a sniper rifle. Won't go much lower than that, keeping it 25 prestige over assault scope.

15 sec spawntimes? I noticed the WarCrysisForums server does that, possibly others do too. That'd be fine with me but that's the lowest i'd put it
  17. Knight_Kin

Knight_Kin M.I.A. Status

Which vehicle ammo do you find to be expensive? The tanks? Battle tank i know is 200 for 20 rounds, i think the light one is too. Guass tank is 100 for 10 rounds, so it's the same cost per ammo. APC and Anti-air i can't think of atm.
  18. Vanubial

eh IFC could be cheaper you can go through the initial 150 rounds in no time and its about 100 per 25? or 50 shots which isnt much considering. Also i would like to see heli's have more rounds i think reducing it to 10 over 26 was a bit overkill 15-20 would be fine considering to pay off what 7 rounds? you gotta get a kill with atleast 2-3 of them and not take any damage so on.
  19. Knight_Kin

Knight_Kin M.I.A. Status

Ahh I was unaware the heli ammo was limited - i adjusted it to hold 18 rounds from 10.
  20. Knight_Kin

Knight_Kin M.I.A. Status

OK two more tweaks:

- Upped fire ammo from 75 to 100 to reduce th3 amount of fire ammo spam
    - Slightly increased th3 speed of th3 LAW rocket to patch 1.0 Levels. (Patch 1.0 speed 23, patch 1.1/1.2/1.2.1 speed 20. Put it back to 23)