Crysis - Warhead

Discussion in 'Crysis Series' started by Knight_Kin, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Knight_Kin

Knight_Kin M.I.A. Status

Greetings, here's a snip from a news article at www.crymod.com regarding the up and coming standalone expansion for Crysis:

"1. Crysis: Warhead Announcement

EA AND CRYTEK ANNOUNCE DEVELOPMENT OF CRYSIS WARHEAD

The Next Installment of One of the Highest Rated Games of 2007
    Blasts its way onto PCs this Fall

Redwood City, Calif. – June 5, 2008 – Maximum freedom, maximum explosions and maximum Psycho! Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) and award-winning independent studio Crytek today announced Crysis Warhead® – the parallel story to Crysis, one of the most critically-acclaimed first person shooters and PC games of 2007. Shipping exclusively for the PC this fall, Crysis Warhead is the first title to be developed at Crytek´s Budapest studio, and is built on a new, enhanced and optimized version of Crytek’s CryENGINE® 2 technology.

“We were very pleased with the reception of Crysis from both gamers and media after our launch last year,” said Cevat Yerli, CEO and President of Crytek. “That being said, one of the key principles of our studio is to always raise the bar. With Warhead, we are focusing on refining our storytelling and game performance, while also delivering more of the visually stunning graphics and immersive, free-roaming gameplay everyone loved in Crysis.”

“The best result of a partnership that we can ask for in the EA Partners program is when a world class independent studio like Crytek chooses to continue to work with us,” said David DeMartini, Vice President and Global General Manager, EA Partners. “Crysis was an amazing game and is going to be a blockbuster franchise. We could not be more excited to be working with Crytek to launch another hit with Crysis Warhead this year.”

In Crysis Warhead, players will don the Nanosuit of Sergeant Sykes, also known as ‘Psycho’, one of the most memorable characters from Crysis. More brash and aggressive than his Delta Force squadmate Nomad, players will experience Psycho’s parallel story during the events of the original game, finding that life on the other side of the island is even more intense and explosive than they ever could have imagined. Luckily, Psycho’s Nanosuit is just as capable and he’s equipped with an even bigger arsenal of fully customizable weapons and new vehicles, giving players access to the tools they need to dominate any situation. Aside from this new, exciting single player campaign, Crysis Warhead will also feature new multiplayer content. Stay tuned for more details this summer.

Crysis Warhead has not yet been rated by the ESRB or PEGI. For more information aboot the game, please visit www.crysisthegame.com.

2. Community Note
    Alongside today’s super-exciting announcement of Crysis: Warhead we wanted to take the chance to bring some clarity to some misunderstandings we have seen in the community after last week’s Crysis Monthly Update.

As you know, it was a very hard decision for us to cancel Patch 1.3, but in the end it was important we shift our focus to some of the new and exciting things we are doing with Crysis Warhead. We have a lot of great content planned for the community and as we get closer to launch, we’ll be sharing a lot of details of what we are working on behind the scenes. This was the main reason behind the cancellation of the patch and while piracy was and continues to be an issue with Crysis, it did not have any role in our decision to cancel this patch.

We also want to make sure you all know that we are not ending our support of Crysis. We still have www.crymod.com, our official modding portal, up and running – a great meeting place not only for modders, but also for all who are interested in playing new, custom content. In addition we have plans to continue updating the CryENGINE2 documentation and video tutorials frequently.

And of course, your dedicated community management teams are still here and active in our official forums and fansite forums.

The important point is that we are not giving up on our current community and we hope that the announcement today pleased you. Stay tuned for more information on Crysis: Warhead... there is a lot more to come!"

You can view the announcement here: http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=29356
  2. Truckmuddr

Truckmuddr M.I.A. Status

Fucking EA fails again. Crysis is dead, and I will probably just get a crack for warhead....
  3. Shark

Shark Getting the band back together... Staff Member Leader

Or not require people to have uber machines to run it... Most noob computer gamers... hear Crysis..DX10...Vista...Amazing graphics....so they go out and buy a vista machine...try to run DX10 and realize that their GPU blows dick like Major Badass...

Realize they cannot afford a $200 Video Card cause they bought a $1000 Home Premium Machine from Best Buy with 2 Gigs of RAM and a 300 Watt (I Cannot support a 8800 GTX) "failsauce" power supply.

I liked Crysis SP, but the MP is not a draw for me.
  4. Freddy

Freddy M.I.A. Status CallMeMaybe?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shark @ Jun 6 2008, 02:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    r you serious? the sp sucked big time. It kinda Looks like half way in the game the story writers were lost
  5. Cletus

Cletus Guest

Crysis was meant for a different feel of game play. It wasn't meant to be "just like" any game. You guys have never played in a multi-player setting with 20+ people, therefore, you wouldn't know how fucking crazy this game is. It is not meant to give you every single fucking vehicle right off the bat (like BF2). This is more of a team-oriented game and it does it's job very well.

The MP maps do not need to be smaller, that is what the vehicles are for.
    This game does not require an "uber" computer to run decent. Now to run on all high with 16x AA, yes you need a good computer. I run this game flawlessly on my current computer which most if not all of you are damn well capable of beating.

I feel that the reason this game had no chance of becoming the top seller is due to the whole anti-futuristic bastards who always rely on the same type of game playing the same maps, game types, etc. who do not want anything besides click and shoot FPS games (see: bandwagon riders).
  6. Freddy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cletus @ Jun 6 2008, 03:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    uh I will admit that I've never played the game online with 20+ people. I was only saying that the amount of aliens flying around in sp mode are just not my thing
  7. major_badass

major_badass M.I.A. Status

I run this game fine and am able to compete with my P4 2.8GHz 1.5GB RAM and Radeon x1650. What ruined the game (which has PB AND an internally developed anti-cheat from Crytek) was a few things. It was rushed out the gate and buggy at first, no auto downloader for custom maps and mods (despite a huge modding community and great development kit for doing mods that they put out), and excessive hacking\server crashing. The last one practically crippled the multiplayer, no one likes paying for servers that get crashed and ruined by hackers. It did sell 3 million copies, so I wouldn't call it a failure, more of a disappointment.
  8. Freddy

I still remember an interview long time before the release date where some important guy stated there would be regular updates and shit and you dont just buy a game and blablabla...
  9. Lacoste

Lacoste M.I.A. Status CallMeMaybe?

i just got crysis yesterday, dont tell me a gotta buy another 1 alrdy...
  10. Knight_Kin

Knight_Kin M.I.A. Status

Well they said "This fall", so I assume it'll come out in November like Crysis did last year. 5 months away? Only thing that annoys me is no patch for crysis in the meantime until warhead comes out. I'm sure it'll be cool once it comes out - i plan to get it.
  11. major_badass

Well tanks are easy to take out with a LAW or C4, I think inexperience just got the better of you there. Numbers do say a lot, myhope that Warhead fixes the MP issues they had so that we can have a full and fun server. It did sell 3 million copies, so 800-1000 people playing Crysis at any given time is a puny amount.
  12. Vanubial

Vanubial M.I.A. Status CallMeMaybe?

Ya butzie your judging the game a little to soon atleast for multiplayer. ONE time some fool was camping a team because the team sucked balls and couldnt take it out. Its VERY easy to counter anything in crysis be it air or ground vehicles. Like badass said inexperience can easily get the better of someone in a game like that. And to top it off every map has like 40 spawn locations so its almost impossible to get camped unless you just throw yourself into it on purpose.
  13. Shark

Shark Getting the band back together... Staff Member Leader

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (major_badass @ Jun 5 2008, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    ...also goodpoints...

Cletus...smile like a donut...then eat a dick... ... :)
  14. Knight_Kin

Knight_Kin M.I.A. Status

Well Butzie, i think you summed up how a person whom only tried the game once would feel. I think that's part of the reason why people were chased away from the multiplayer: it's much more difficult than cod4 to understand. Cod4 was very easy for me to pick up and play and tag kills, while not being the best, i don't do bad considering i almost never play it. Crysis took time, it took me 3 months, not 3 hours to become skilled at it. So crysis is more frustrating to those whom aren't willing to deal with the difficulty and learn it. However, I like when the games are difficult. It seems that most people don't, so they get frustrated with powerstruggle and quit before giving it a chance. It's great fun though, unique enough to feel quite different than the battlefield games.

Crytek shot themselves in the foot when they canceled Team Instant Action game mode for the game's release. Instant Action is just deathmatch which is too simple, and PowerStruggle is a complex team-game that is unlike other shooters. If Crysis had been released with Team Instant Action as a third gametype, it would have probably 10,000 people playing it right now.
  15. Truckmuddr

Truckmuddr M.I.A. Status

team action was gonna be in the 1.3 patch they just killed. If you look at the server list, EA's test server is still up there, runnin map Peak, on Team Action and a new version number..
  16. major_badass

What is this...Butzie and Knight agreeing and getting along? I sense...

[​IMG]

MUTINY!
  17. Knight_Kin

Knight_Kin M.I.A. Status

I'M BACK BITCHES! Time for some Crysis discussion.

Grabbed it the first day it came out. Assessment: It kicks ass. It appears Crytek improved upon the Cryengine2 and enhanced the lightning system within Crysis: Warhead. The engine has also been optimized to better run upon the lower-end systems, though it's still a beast if you want to max out the visuals. No complaints here, it does look better than the original with a small improvement in performance. Also, this stand-alone expansion is only $30, good deal if you ask me. Here's a sample from the SP:

[​IMG]

The single player is even better than the original's, action packed and lots of fun to play. The storytelling quality and dynamic of how the Koreans and Aliens interact is a welcome improvement over the original. AI has been improved, new weapons and enemies added as well. The level design of Crysis: Warhead is also improved over the original. It's only failing is that it's a bit short.

Crysis Wars is the mutliplayer component that comes upon a seperate DVD and is balanced differently than the single player. They added Team Instant Action (Team Deathmatch), an autopatcher, and auto map downloader, more stock maps for all game types, and very importantly dramatic reduction of hackers (i haven't seen any at all, none) since all settings are 100% server side, all of which were sorely needed in the original MP. PowerStruggle makes a return but with noticable improvements in the HUD, can see where your teammates are upon the entire map, weapons added in WARHEAD are available to buy, helictoper bugs have been fixed and rockets toned down for balance (but given more rockets per load), vehicles handle even better now on top of 1.2 patch for original; vehicles from WARHEAD added to powerstruggle, upon other fixes.

Other improvements are: Guns and their bullets interact much better now (no longer very slow bullet time, plus the hit code has been fixed and works much better now). Improved texture for FY71, Missile Lancher reload sound fx added and better texture, shotgun changed to semi-auto shotgun with better texture, net code seems to be improved (laggy people will still jump a bit, but noticably improved upon original), to name a few.

Alright cuntflaps, that's my review for now; more to come later.
  18. art_Dent99

art_Dent99 Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Knight_Kin @ Sep 25 2008, 03:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Isn't that really called a sequel? a #2? *snicker* Batman & Robin?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Knight_Kin @ Sep 25 2008, 03:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    No Wait! It's a patch? A stand-alone expansion patch bug-fix?
  19. Knight_Kin

Knight_Kin M.I.A. Status

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (art_Dent99 @ Sep 25 2008, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Nope, otherwise it would be called Crysis 2 and would advance in the storyline. You play as another character (Psycho) in an alternate path during the events of the original. This makes it an expansion, not a sequel.

Crysis will be a trilogy. There will be a Crysis 2 and 3 (with the possibility of more expansions for each).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (art_Dent99 @ Sep 25 2008, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    It's it's own seperate multiplayer. It's an expansion upon the original that fixed a lot of the problems with the original. If it didn't, what the hell would be the point? They eliminated client side control, something that could never have been implemented in a patch in the original due to game engine limitations. This has all been fixed/improved upon in Crysis Wars, plus many other things. The reason it's called stand-alone is that you don't need the original Crysis to play...

Wormslave
  20. art_Dent99

art_Dent99 Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Knight_Kin @ Sep 25 2008, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Kinda like the Borne Supremacy and Borne Ultimatum.... one was an 'expansion' of the other, therefore not a sequel.
    Or Back to the Future 2 and 3...expansions, since they overlapped the first....

I'm getting it now!