PB Update FAQ

Discussion in 'Call of Duty 2' started by FUZiON, Aug 1, 2007.

1. FUZiON

FUZiON I'm here to fix your sink Administrator

So, Evenbalance is trying to make it harder to play yet again.

Users that are getting kicked for "Service Communication Failure" (including the handshake failure type) have some other software that is blocking the PunkBuster services.

Some users have previously disabled the PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBsrtB.exe services in the past, and these services are now mandatory.

If the services are stopped/disabled, then PB will kick from this point forward.

Sometimes it is an anti-virus program (like an old version of McAfee Security Center), sometimes it is a personal firewall that are blocking the services. Any user who is getting kicked for this will have to stop whatever is blocking PB or configure the program to allow the two services.

The below link is a tool provided by PunkBuster that will help users who need to reinstall the services:

http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe
    http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloads/windows/pbsetup.exe

If the above PBSVC program does not pass all the tests, please ensure that any installed firewalls or other programs are not blocking the PnkBstrA/B services.

If that still does not do the trick, please open a ticket with PunkBuster here:
    http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=support.php and be sure to paste the log from the PBSVC program within the ticket, and EvenBalance support should be able to help you in identifying what programs are blocking the services.

We are still looking for a way to fix the "every 3 seconds lag spike" problem.
    If you have fixed it, please let us know here! BTW, this is a client issue not a server side problem...
  2. FUZiON

Just found this gem and it helped a lot.
    Caution, not for use with vista...

just right click on the cod2mp_s.exe file and set your compatibility option to windows 95...
    let me know if this solves your problem guys...
  3. FUZiON

Here is PB's response to a trouble ticked I filed:

08/01/2007 16:53:05 - "Glenn Courington"
    Note #2: We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
    We apologize for the inconvenience.

Pretty generic, but at least they acknowledge it as a problem.
  4. Ikarus

Ikarus Guest

there is another issue, it is saying that this ip address is banned by punkbuster, i know i have to install something else but dont know what any help?
  5. Truckmuddr

Truckmuddr M.I.A. Status

He's talkin about the server ip not his....
  6. art_Dent99

art_Dent99 Guest

7. Cletus

Cletus Guest

At the moment, turn off your PB in your multiplayer options OR delete your pb folder in your CoD2 directory...
  8. Shark

Shark Getting the band back together... Staff Member Leader

Turning off your Punkbuster is the only thing that will allow you to join our server at the moment.
  9. art_Dent99

art_Dent99 Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shark @ May 4 2009, 01:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Unless you talk to Muddr...he grumbles something about a fix for it to me now and again...
  10. brownbommer3

brownbommer3 M.I.A. Status

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (art_Dent99 @ May 4 2009, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    the problem im getting is connection failour alot in game, then when i turn off and try to reconnect i go to servers and it wont let me connect irs like im not on the internet,so i disconnect and go to google or something its fine,??? ,i deleted the pb folder ect no difference, i have to reboot to get back on
  11. Cletus

Cletus Guest

Start the game.
    Go to Multiplayer Options.
    Turn off Punkbuster.
    Close the game.
    Go to your CoD2 folder (default C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2).
    Delete your "pb" folder (right click, delete).
    Start the game again.
    Go to Multiplayer Options.
    Check again that Punkbuster is off (rinse, repeat if it's still on).
    Join the server.

If that doesn't work, it isn't PB. Update your video drivers and audio drivers if you haven't already and let us know.
  12. major_badass

major_badass M.I.A. Status

Start the game.
    Aquire the lube.
    Apply liberally.
    Rub into taint vigorously.
    Get Official UAN Brand Black Dildo.
    Ram said dildo into browneye.
    Sprinkle on pubes.
    Serve while hot.
  13. Shark

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (major_badass @ May 19 2009, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Does that come "a la mode"...?
  14. Guss_

Guss_ Ace Status

<div class='quotetop'>CITA(Shark @ May 20 2009, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    spanish or french language?
  15. Shark

Ask Lacock... ;)
  16. bruno73

bruno73 Guest

humble request: if possible to fix this pb problem (changing server ip) because we are losing new players, I try to help those new guys but cant make it and leave cod2 server. please reply! thx.
  17. Cletus

Cletus Guest

Yeah, we were thinking of switching the CoD2 IP and just have the current one redirect... what do you guys think?
  18. Shark

That works...
  19. Truckmuddr

Truckmuddr M.I.A. Status

If you think the 2.4 mod is ready I can switch it all over..
  20. Cletus

Cletus Guest

I'll clean out the .iwd tonight and we can switch er over...