The New COD4 server?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare' started by Shark, Nov 22, 2010.

?

Up All Night COD4 Server

1. Yes. I will be willing to donate extra each month to have a COD4 server hosted by UAN.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No. I do not see myself playing COD4 any time soon and I will not donate to keep the COD4 server run

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Shark

Shark Getting the band back together... Staff Member Leader

Let us know your feedback on the COD4 server. Should we spend $40 a month to pay for an empty server?
  2. Cletus

Cletus Guest

Black Ops has got my attention for the time being and it offers the same as COD4.

I don't think we should keep it unless we really have a ton of people requesting to keep it.
  3. Cerwidwen

Cerwidwen M.I.A. Status

Hopefully, if BlackOps sticks and catches on well, I am done with CoD4 :)
  4. RamRod

RamRod M.I.A. Status CallMeMaybe?

No, we should not !
  5. freezie

freezie Ace Status UAN Member

no sense throwing money out to those who dont contribute.
  6. A Big F@ggot

A Big F@ggot M.I.A. Status

0-7 damn talk about a landslide.
  7. DemonocracY

DemonocracY no vaseline...... just gravel Staff Member Administrator

Being COD4 my elite game,would be nice to keep it.
    So how about this... 1day of every month,we could do a tournament in the cod4 server.get the max of players to enter and each make a bet of 3$...the winner pays the 40$ and the rest goes into his pocket (or donate).we can get 15players easy.
  8. Shark

interesting idea...
  9. Bender

Bender Squad Perk Nazi Staff Member Leader

I highly doubt you would find 15 people willing to bet. Also I believe the PayPal fees are 2.9%+$.30/transaction (I'm pretty sure those are the rates but not a 100% positive).

2.9% = $1.16
    +
    15 transactions @ $.30/each = $4.50
    Total Fees = $5.66

So in the end you wouldn't pocket anything or have enough to cover the server fee (at 15 players and $3/each).
  10. Shark

way to be a dick... :p
  11. Bender

Bender Squad Perk Nazi Staff Member Leader

12. Cletus

Cletus Guest

The problem with getting people on there and actual betting is no one would be willing to. Also, we are just too god damned lazy to have a tournament... we still haven't technically finished our COD2 one from years ago.
  13. DemonocracY

DemonocracY no vaseline...... just gravel Staff Member Administrator

Just an idea too keep the server alive.the tournaments should be something very active in here,with or without money...would love too see some people really piss off :p
  14. Guss_

Guss_ Ace Status

Remove IP servers to setup other with other IP is a fail. The thing is, was better keep one old server running, stock or hc, than change IP.. :afro:
  15. Shark

I hear you, guss. The problem is that we had to give up the dedicated box that had the old ips. They were just way to expensive. Like $200 more expensive.
  16. Cletus

Cletus Guest

Guss, we had to do it that way. We obviously couldn't make $250/month in donations, and that's how much that server (servers) was costing us.
  17. major_badass

major_badass M.I.A. Status

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cletus @ Nov 23 2010, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    You've been ducking me for years, sissy.

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T2GeRlPAXLE&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x000000&color2=0x000000"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T2GeRlPAXLE&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x000000&color2=0x000000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

kr0me's gay
  18. Murder

Murder Nub Status Staff Member Leader

I have not even looked at COD4 since this game came out, even tho the game has been running like shit a few tweaks here and there have been helpin.
  19. Shark

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (major_badass @ Nov 23 2010, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I believe it is because of the smell of your mangina...
  20. Guss_

Guss_ Ace Status

OK, I think I got it..

BTW, there was not 2 BO servers?, where is the other?